Thursday, May 21, 2009

UEN


While learning and using UEN I was amazed to discover the different sites and the variety of things to use. I never knew about UEN but now I plan on continuing to learn and use this site. I believe there is still so much to learn from this site that I can implement into my teaching. In my classroom I will be implementing the core curriculum that is provided. I will structure my lesson plans from the ones done on UEN. I can prepare outlines that I will follow using different grade levels with the curriculum that matches it. Using both of these two area will help me to feel confident with the lessons I choose and I will know I am following the core curriculum to benefit the students in the best way possible. I will use UEN because it provides a vast opportunity to prepare me and the students for the future. I really enjoy using UEN and plan on continuing to use this site daily for my teaching career.


I plan on having the students use UEN for a variety of things but especially for the Pioneer Library. In the beginning of the year I would like to implement a day in the lab to have the students complete a web activity to learn about UEN and the opportunities through this site. From the teachers perspective I can prepare the topics I want them to learn about and feel confident that the students are using a secure site. Interactives are a fun way my students will learn about the health of their bodies. Finding their body mass index is an example of an activity i would like my students to participate in. In physical Fitness sometimes it can get boring and repetitious learning about nutrition, but through interactives I can provide fun insightful activities to help my students learn.


I definitely plan on using both sites for my personal use but as for my students I will be using Google Sites. My classroom web sites will be through Google. I plan on becoming a high school teacher and with all the different classes I believe I will have more options and flexibility with Google Sites mainly because it is easier to function a variety of things at one time from a single page. I like UEN because it seems so educated based, therefore I plan on still finding research articles from UEN that my students will be able to read. Having my class websites through Google Sites will help me be more efficient as a teacher by being able to make changes quickly. My students will have the option to submit work through Google Documents but will also have the opportunity to submit work in other ways if they are unable to submit through a computer outside of the classroom. I would really like the opportunity through the year to go to the computer lab and complete a couple activities through UEN. I think it could benefit the students if we are able to in a PE class.

No comments:

Post a Comment