Monday, June 15, 2009

WebQuest

What?
WebQuest was a fun way to learn how to create an activity or project for my students. When creating my WebQuest I learned that keeping instructions simple make the project easier. At first I tried to make full in depth instructions for the students to learn from but then realized minimizing this made it easier to follow and achieve. This is the same thing I learned with the different processes that I did. I kept the assignements and what I wanted them to learn but by providing ways for the students to learn the information like worksheets or outlines made the assignment for beneficial and memorable. WebQuests to me would be be used for a big project or assignment that the students can work together on. Since I created the WebQuest I think it is great to pinpoint what you want the students to be looking at and what you want them to learn. I would like to use this in my class to do assignments before a unit we do in class.. Providing information for them to discover that will prep their minds for what we will be doing in class for the next few weeks will benefit the students growth and learning in that topic. I want to do this because it will give different ways of learning for my students so I can have a better chance for all my students to grasp the concepts.
So What?
This was an assignment where I really had to come out of the box and learn a new way to teach the students. This provides an image of having an open mind and diligence in providing the best ways for my students to learn. I believe it has made me as a teacher develop qualities that can help the growth of my students. As a teacher it shows a true desire for giving my students the best education possible. When people think of a PE class they think of a teacher throwing a ball out for the students to play, but creating assignments like this will open the horizon of what PE teachers can really do to teach their students. With each assignment and new discovery with how to teach my students definitely develops my progress with the INTASC and NETS standards. It seems with each standard I get a better knowledge and understanding to the importance of these standards. I have developed professionalism that helps me continue to develop and learn the extent of the standards instead of the simple surface and meaning to each one.
This project to me was one of the most exciting to learn. I required me to really search and figure out the ways to teach my students using different ways of learning. I believe I did a good job with this WebQuest. The sites and tasks I had the students complete identified the different objectives and gave them quality information to really build upon the foundation they already had with fitness. I worked really hard to find the best quality information and to find tasks that would really develop the students minds. I worked alone on this project which made the task more meaningful to me. I was able to focus on each area and learn through experience what helps me the most. Also working individually put me in a real life experience because when I'm a teacher this is something I will probably be doing on my own. This project was one that I really put myself into and tried to learn all I could about teaching my class with a WebQuest.

Now What?
I want to create different WebQuests that will pinpoint the objectives for each unit that I will be covering throughout the year by following each curriculum and standards to help the students learn them. Another thing I would like to incorporate is completing assignments with other classes. For example having me and another teacher who teaches the same things combine together to incorporate the learning strategies and concepts. Both of these goal came about through WebQuest. WebQuest has helped me to see how effective this could be and the variety of things that the students can do. I notice through this WebQuest that you are teaching the students more than just the topic. They learn how to function the computer and work together to find the correct answers and meanings to the information. The first step I will take to complete these goals it map out the curriculum and the specific objectives. Then I will create several ideas that can obtain the objectives set. Having a variety of ideas will help me to develop my WebQuest and what I want to students to be taking from the assignment. After I have made complete outlines I will begin by create individual WebQuest and having other teachers evaluate the assignments I have created and there validity.

No comments:

Post a Comment